Learning the MARINE TRADES -
- In real industry settings
- Confidence building successes
Driving the 26' Navy Launch.
In formation aboard yacht Brandaris
Sea Princesss docked at Quonset
39 Ocean Ave., Wickford, RI 02852
Small group receives instructions on docking.
CAREER EXPLORATION PROGRAM
- Begin with a 12-hour immersion
- Tour RI's marine facilties
- Learn about jobs, from marine construction to marine skills supporting other industries.
- Experience the marine work environment.
3 MARINE TRADES PROGRAMS with
JOB SKILLS CERTIFICATES
& curriculum-linked learning
small group,personal instruction
LEVEL I - BASIC SKILLS
- Learn boat basics in 60-hours
- Know how to use tools of the trade
- Master "Boating Safety" for recreational boating
LEVEL II - INTERMEDIATE SKILLS
- 144 hours of experiential learning to gain basic entry-level job skills
- Earn "sea-time." Practice radio communcations, fire drills & OSHA Marine safety guidelines.
- Discover and develop marine specialty skills, such as mechanical, electrical, boat handling, etc.
LEVEL III - ADVANCED SKILLS
• 288 hours of experiential learning to gain mastery of basic repairs to electrical and mechanical system.
• Earn nationally recognized Certifcate in marine technical services.
Group coordinates roles & timing to dock Sea Princess.